Subscribe

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Daddy, I want to be a professional wrestler!

So, I've had deep thoughts for a while now.

I have friends, friends that talk to me, that show they care, that influence me. I have friends who help me when i need it, who make me laugh, that make me cry, who are honest with me. I love my friends.

I have friends that let certain things and/or people get in their way of a close relationship with God. Whether it be a dead musician, vanity issues, the words they say, or the way that they treat someone when they aren't at a listening distance. I love my friends.

I know people that I thought were friends that I'm not so sure about now. Some, actually all, stopped talking to me. How do I respond to that? I mean I want to be friends with these people. Sure, at times some talk to me, want to hang out and be in fellowship. But, its all so common that they go forever without talking.

No, while all of the above is something I am thinking about, it's not what is heavy on my mind. I've been in a dry place with God and I didn't wuite know what to do about it. But, I know now that I need to wrestle with Him. The truth is that I'm going to come across things that I don't understand or maybe even like about God and instead of just throwing them in the "I don't like that part" pile, I have to fight about it, scrap with God, and hammer it out.

Just like Jacob did in Genesis, we have to wrestle with God not giving up. We have to wrestle as long as we can and this is how we aill be transformed in God. So now, I go to wrestle...

No comments:

Post a Comment