Subscribe

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Honest Worship

You could've heard us for miles tonight. Singing our hearts out to God Almighty. With voices praising and stomachs aching for the Lord, we worshiped. But how often do we worship only in an atmosphere such as the one we were in tonight? I know that its not too often for me. Sure there are times when I have that moment with God when I'm playing guitar in my room or something but it no where near enough. Not saying that those moments aren't special because they are. Its just that I'm one to believe that not every worship experience should leave you feeling wonderful. Sometimes, during worship, I feel terrible because I know that I don't take the time to praise Him when I know that I absolutely can.


Last night I read trough all of Song of Songs, and as I read, my imagination ran wild. I envisioned a young man and young woman so in love with one another that every "hello" would be given as though they hadn't seen one another for years but had talked quite regularly (you know the one) and every "goodbye" was shared like the one shared if you are going off to war. I want my relationship with God to be just like this. Anytime I feel like He isn't around, I go on a search for Him, turning over anything and everything to find Him. I want communicate with Him almost in song because of my love for Him. And I want for Him to constantly touch me and tell me that I am His and His alone...

All in all, this time of fasting was beyond unbelievable. I have had my eyes opened and now I want to explore more about fasting and its effect on my relationship with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment