Subscribe

Monday, February 11, 2008

What a Sacred Gathering

Tonight marked the second night of our Sacred Gathering at church. I feel God working in me. I feel His spirit living in me. He has laid some things on my heart that I need to face, some things I new about, and some I thought were gone. He is also bringing me closer with my new church family.

I am becoming closer and closer with Brandon and Crystal with every day that I get to see them. I envy the relationship that they have with one another, for it is pure and compassionate. My prayer partner, Justin, is such a great guy! He is honest and true right in the face of God and that is something I aspire to be. Our little prayer "huddle" was so in tune with God's heart tonight that I believe our faces were glowing with the Glory of the King of Kings. You know what that feels like for me? It feels like an earthquake of the soul. An unspeakable energy, pulsating from my inner most being, out through my hands, feet, voice, and eventually my entire body. Its pure and Holy.

During our prayer "huddle", Brandon prayed for me. He prayed a number of things but the one that went deeper than any other was a prayer that i would hunger for scripture and desire to soak it up. That prayer cut straight to my heart like the bitter wind of winter.We all know that wind, the wind that makes long goodbyes at the car become quick "see ya"s. This desire for scripture is esential to me. Its something I lack, yet have always been interested in. But now, mere interest isn't going to work, I need a desperation for it. I need to understand God's Ruah as much as the scriptures will allow. The same goes for the deeper meanings of Raya, Ahavah, and Dod. All things that have interested me but i have yet to go deeper with.

Father, I love you. Place within me a burning desire to devour your Holy Scripture with a heart that is after Your own. I need to thank You for those You have placed in my life in the last weeks Father and ask that You cherish them, because You know that I do. Draw us closer as you draw me to You. I love you!


In Jesus Christ, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. you are so deep, and it feels like you are so in tune with God. i admire the way you love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what is crazy, I am not all that in tune. This is just the beginning and I can't to go farther!

    ReplyDelete