Subscribe

Saturday, February 16, 2008

I Ignored God

Last night I was reading in Ezra, and as I was reading I became very bored. The king of Persia had told all the Israelites that the temple in Jerusalem was to be rebuilt and that if any of them wished to return there, they were free to do so with the King's blessing. So it started to name off all the people that left Babylon. This guy and all 80 members of his family... That guy and all 120 of his. Needless to say, I was about o fall asleep. I was about to close my bible when I had this thought in my head telling me to keep going, that I might get something out of it. You know what I did? I went back to where I had left off, but then i thought "No, I'm tired. I'm done." and I closed my bible.

I deliberately ignored God when he told me to do something. Maybe that's why, for some reason last night, I had this period where I tossed and turned and kicked and groaned and fought to get back to sleep.

Why did I do that though? I mean, what is so hard about reading a little further in scripture, especially when it was so obvious that I needed to? I don't quite know what it is that makes it so incredibly difficult to fully adhere to God's will and commands.

So tonight, as you may have guessed, I'll be reading out of Ezra.

No comments:

Post a Comment